I have two people to thank for this recipe: my good friend Brendan – who first introduced me to the concept of gourmet yogurt, and my wife, Heather – who makes this for me every single morning.
Here’s the recipe for the yogurt depicted above, but the beauty of this is that you can use whatever ingredients you have available to you. We usually have a bag of frozen berries in our freezer and then thaw a cup of them in the fridge every week.
Gourmet yogurt with honeycomb
- A couple huge spoonfuls of Greek yogurt
- 1 heaping spoonful of berries (thawed from frozen or fresh in the summer)
- A half-dozen almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered probiotics
- A huge pinch of ground flax seed
- A hefty slice of honeycomb
You can, of course, use liquid honey as well, but I’ve recently been using whole honeycomb. The wax is fine to eat and you get the benefits of pure, raw honey, untouched by air, moisture, machines or heat. I mix up all the ingredients thoroughly and enjoy as a side-dish at breakfast.